REGISTER FOR GENERAL COUNCIL, JUNE 11-16, 2013, TAMPA, FLORIDA
General Council CERTIFICATE OF LAY DELEGATE Form
The Presidential Search Committee of The Christian and Missionary Alliance is urging Alliance workers and churches to pray with them for the next president of The C&MA. They are asking people to pray every Monday between 6 a.m.–10:00 a.m. and to fast and pray the first Monday of every month from now until the election of our new president in June 2013.
We are facing great challenges as a denomination. Our next president will need to be an anointed leader, chosen by God for the specific circumstances we are facing. The Committee and the 2013 General Council needs God’s guidance and wisdom in this process of selection. Prayer is the only possible path toward His perfect will for us; all other paths lead to something less. As our core value states, prayer is the primary work of God’s people.
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR PRESIDENTIAL SEARCH
After looking into Scripture and into the lives of leaders God chose to do His work, the Presidential Search Committee suggests these prayers as together we seek God’s direction for the next president of The Alliance.
· God, give us the man on whom the anointing of your Holy Spirit rests, the one whom you have already chosen and set apart to lead The Alliance in the coming years.
· Your Church needs a man who is utterly dependent on you, a man who is humble, who obeys you with his whole heart and who always inquires of you before he makes decisions.
· Father, give us a man of great courage, who is willing to take risks and blaze new trails only as your Spirit directs him.
· God, your man will need to work with others, listen to other valued opinions and be open to entertaining other ways of thinking and acting. This might be difficult for a strong leader but your Word gives us many examples of teachable leaders and you can bring us that man.
· Father, our next president will need many skills to do the task. Continue to equip him now with those skills as you are preparing him for this new position.
· Please God, give us a man who is a worshiper of the Triune God, who has a vision of who God is and what He can do.
· We ask you to give us a man who loves you with all his heart, who is totally committed to you and whose daily desire is to bring glory only to you.
· Father, our leader will have to have the confidence of those he leads. Give us a man who has already exhibited that through his years of ministry.
· Because our leader will be faced with many challenges, may he be a man who has strong persistent faith and unwavering trust in you.
· Please give us a man who is emotionally and spiritually mature enough to know his own weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
· God, we desire the man on who your favor rest.
· Father, please give us a man who encourages those with whom he works, who is compassionately aware of the needs of others around him and is already mentoring future leaders.
· God, if you are calling us to disrupt our comfortable pattern, as you often did through leaders in Scripture, give us the man you choose to work through.
· We are bold enough to ask you for a man like Moses and Paul who were ready to give up their lives and even their relationship with you for the lives of their people.
· Father, give us a respected and honored leader, a man of enthusiasm and great joy.